CD Rewriter Upgrade and EasyCD 5 Platinum

Jester2K 08:59 07 Jan 2004

I bought an LG CED 8081-B (8x 4x 32x) a while ago. With i got Easy CD 5 Basic. I lost the Easy CD 5 Basic CD and then bought the full Easy CD 5 Platinum version.

I'm looking at possibly getting a new faster CD Writer soon but want to carry on using Easy CD 5 Platinum but the list of supported drives click here is slightly confussing...

For example take the second drive down. It says

AccessTK CD-RW CW5201

I then guess it tells me its supported in the Basic version from 5.3.4.16 and the Platinum verision from 6.0.0.171. So if i had the EasyCD Basic CD (its probably here, somewhere) i could use it as long as i had the drive update of 5.3.4.16 or above (think it 5.3.5m at the moment)

BUT i need to buy Easy CD 6 or above to use the Platinum version of the software. Is this correct?

Also is there a decent, cheap CD Rewriter that supports EasyCD 5 Platinum that anyone can recommened? I've tried going through the list when i see one in the shops or online but the model is either not supported or seems to indicate that i need Easy CD 6 or Easy CD 5 Basic and not the Platinum version...

i don't really want to have wasted the money on Easy CD 5 Platinum, there doesn't seem to be an upgrade option on Roxio website.

©®@$? 09:38 07 Jan 2004

ive got the liteon 52x32x52 cd rw its a good drive for £25 at ebuyer

just checked that website and it supports it

click here

Jester2K 09:41 07 Jan 2004

Cheers i was looking on eBuyer but they don't seem to list the model numbers which made it difficult....

Jester2K 09:44 07 Jan 2004

Oh they do list the manufacturer code... so mybe i was somewhere else....

©®@$? 09:46 07 Jan 2004

the model number for that drive is LTR-52327S, it says that in my device manager, and basic version 5.3.1.150 and Retail/Platinum Version 5.3.1.154 and above support this drive, very good drive actualy

Liteon 52x32x52x IDE DRIVE - OEM quick find code: 52744

click here this is it

Jester2K 09:47 07 Jan 2004

Cheers - i'll look into this.

Some comments on the site about noise. Whats the truth?

©®@$? 10:06 07 Jan 2004

not noisey to me, quiet compaired to my aopen dvd drive

can hardly here it spin up when i put a cd in , and when i eject quite quiet!

when i burn cd's you just get the normal sound not noisey at all

Don't know what those people are on about

©®@$? 10:10 07 Jan 2004

i think that guy was a little peeved about not getting nero with it so he bad mouthed the drive, OEM should of given him a clue!

thats the only reason i can think why he would say about the noise, as i don't have that problem with it, and the other 4 people who posted a review seem to think its a good drive

the guy is just peeved off lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?