CD rewritable not playing

micklemouse 10:22 11 Apr 2006

I have been able to play cd-writable discs on my Hifi system no problem. These discs were given to me by friends before I had my own CDRW drive. Now that I have put some tracks onto a cdrw dis both in mp3 and wma format, the hi-fi won't play it and ejects the cd. I have tried playing it on the pc and it works fine. Am I right in thinking that perhaps the hifi won't play rewritable cd's?

Shame, because I'd love to hear them as the sound quality is so much better. I use Nero software for burning and a Sony rewritable drive.

Any suggestions?

Regards Micklemouse

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:29 11 Apr 2006

copy and burn to write once media.

Stuartli 10:42 11 Apr 2006

As Hertz Van Rentyl points out, use CD-Rs - their reflectivity level is far superior to CD-RW media which some players may have difficulty in reading.

You can use a CD-R in multisession form if necessary to keep adding tracks until the disk is full; it should be Finalised before the final burning session.

micklemouse 10:44 11 Apr 2006

but can I use a cd-r in the cd-wr drive I have now or will I have to replace it?

The Spires 10:44 11 Apr 2006

Some players just will not play re-writable discs.

micklemouse 10:54 11 Apr 2006

God I must be daft, yes it does write CD-R lol sorry to waste your time if you've bothered to answer that last question of mine.

Thanks for support,

Micklemouse.

GroupFC 10:54 11 Apr 2006

"but can I use a cd-r in the cd-wr drive I have now....." - Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)