cd printing canon ip5200

tonyq 15:40 06 Jan 2007

Please can anyone tell me where I can find out how to print directly on to a cd/dvd using a Canon Pixma ip5200 printer (U.K editon). I have been through the on screen manual ect,but am unable to find the relative information,I presume it is in the manual some ware.

Technotiger 15:52 06 Jan 2007

Hi, I don't have a canon, but I believe you should have a CD Label Print program within the canon software that came with the printer.

Technotiger 15:54 06 Jan 2007

ps - although it is called CD Label Print, that does mean direct to CD/DVD - providing of course that you do have Printable CD/DVD media, the printable side is White.

download cd-lableprint file (b6b02enx.exe) from here click here=

thats if you are running windows xp

Stuartli 16:10 06 Jan 2007

There's also a CD/DVD Label Creater in Nero if you use it.

terryf 16:12 06 Jan 2007

have you got a special holder for the cd like wot I got with my ip4200?

tonyq 17:28 06 Jan 2007

Hi all,
yes I have the special holder,I have had the printer about 12 months but have just got round to thinking of printing to cd/dvd,but not sure how to go about it.

Technotiger 17:33 06 Jan 2007

I have an Epson printer with direct printing to cd - it is all pretty clear, the cd tray has a mark, in my case a small arrow, which lines up with another similar mark on the printer, simply line the two marks up with the printable cd white-side up, set the software with your graphics masterpiece, press print and go ...

Good luck.

tonyq 17:44 06 Jan 2007

Hi all,
found "cd-lableprint" on the printer CD will install and have a look at the Manual. Thank you all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?