CD Labels

ponytail 12:06 28 Sep 2010

Can anyone advise on the best way to print CD Labels what type of paper etc.I have a Epson Stylus PHOTO 900 Printer and I also have a program installed called UnderCoverXP which may be suitable

Ian in Northampton 12:10 28 Sep 2010

This

click here

is the kind of thing you want.

ponytail 12:18 28 Sep 2010

Hi Ian
These look ok and I presume I can print them in my printer by just inserting the sheets whereI load my A4 paper.Correct

ponytail 12:24 28 Sep 2010

I have one of the following with a version of Nero 6 I bought some years ago but have never used it because not sure how to use it can someone advise.

click here

KremmenUK 12:27 28 Sep 2010

I opted away from CD labels a few years ago a got a printer that prints directly onto 'Printable' CDR/DVDR media

The results are far better than labels and well worth considering.

ponytail 12:28 28 Sep 2010

Could you let me have details of your printer

Ian in Northampton 12:45 28 Sep 2010

ponytail: yep, that's what you do. Most CD printing software is laid out to take advantage of these A4-based templates, although it can take a little trial and error to get it exactly right.

Like KremmenUK says, though, with 'printable' CDs/DVDs, you can get some excellent results. From what I can see, your printer should support printing direct onto the CD and you shouldn't need to use labels. Doing this, you also minimise the (very slight) danger of a label detaching or getting torn/creased in the drive.

I ended up investing in a LightScribe drive - about £25 from PC World - and while LS-compatible DVDs are slightly more expensive, the results look more professional(IMHO.

woodchip 12:45 28 Sep 2010

Epson Make DVD printers Choose yourself click here

woodchip 12:47 28 Sep 2010

Don't Forget you need the correct CD, DVD to print on, it does not work on cheap normal CD's

Bapou 16:46 28 Sep 2010

I'm all in favour of a decent marker pen than a sticky label. May not look professional but finding, after a while, labels degrade, discs no longer readable, the pen was safer.

You can even things up by creating a nice label for the cover.

chub_tor 17:41 28 Sep 2010

The Epson Photo 900 does have direct printing onto CD/DVD discs so you have the choice of sticking on blank labels and printing them inside your printer or printing direct onto printable discs. Having tried both over the years I much prefer the latter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017