CD / DVD MULTIDRIVE PROBLEMS

5starred 14:43 15 May 2007

Having problems with this will not read MP3 disks. (Type: DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM). Have tried playing a DVD and after several tries it worked.

Any suggestions on things to try?

Totally-braindead 15:01 15 May 2007

If its a DVDRW disk it might be corrupted. Try someone elses computer and see if that can read it if you can.
You mention that you got a DVD to play after several tries this could mean there is something going in your DVD Writer and it might need replaced.

Fingees 15:03 15 May 2007

I would suggest you give make and model of player.
It can then be checked whether or not it is designed to play MP3.

All the best.

5starred 19:24 15 May 2007

Just tried the disc again still no joy. When I go to My Computer and right click on (D:) then on Properties it says it is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S and TOSHIBA MK6025GAS.

When I also insert the disc in question and click on the General its says that there is 4.38GB of used space. So it must be reading something but why can't I see it. I have tried other discs that are the same and they work fine but this disc works fine on the 3 other PC's that I have tried .

5starred 15:58 16 May 2007

Think I should have put MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S.

It does play other MP3's and the disc in question plays on other pc's.

5starred 19:14 28 May 2007

Tried this disc on other machines and it works fine. It is in UDF format would that make a difference? as the other discs I have don't seem to be in this format.

5starred 11:48 01 Jun 2007

Can anyone advise me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?