cd, dvd burning software

skaria 20:29 21 May 2004

i am thinking of purchasing some cd and dvd burning software. can anybody suggest whetehr roxio media centre 7 or ner burning rom 6 is better? thanks in advance

stalion 20:38 21 May 2004

Question of preference many swear by nero and mant support roxio.Regards

skaria 20:50 21 May 2004

thanks for the response
does anybody have any recommendations???

skaria 20:50 21 May 2004

thanks for the response
does anybody have any recommendations???

mbp 22:07 21 May 2004

Skaria: ADVENTUROUS? Download at:
click here

Come back and give us your verdict! Bet it is more than what you need for CD Burning, and it is free.

TomJerry 22:39 21 May 2004

Roxio is a idiot proof package (sorry for idiot part, no offence, but it is really easy to use). The only thing I do not really like is it installs too many things on PC.

Nero is rather clean, you can install just the component you want and uninstall is also very clean. But it is not as idiot-proof as Roxio, i.e. it is powerful package, only need a little learning to get best out of it.

TomJerry 23:10 21 May 2004

There are some good functions with nero, but you need to pay extra if you want to convert music CD into mp3 files because mp3 encorder is not included in the package. Roxio's function of converting cd to mp3 is great and easy to use.

You can download a full working version of nero to test out click here

Staddly 23:12 21 May 2004

Used Nero for years. Takes a few sessions to get used to but is very easy to use after that. If buying new, I would assume that Nero 6 has usefull features such as InCD (Formats CDRW's to use as giant floppies) very usefull indeed.
Just my humble opinion!

Bapou 23:19 21 May 2004

Nero 6 is an excellent program especially Nero Express.An easy to use feature before becoming familiar with the main Nero Burning ROM program.

ted bear 06:05 22 May 2004

i would recommend nero because of the flexibility and extras that will become more important if your needs expand over time. as basic burner software there is no real difference i.e speed/reliability/ quality of finished product etc. however nero may not be compatible with quite as many burners and does seem to cause conflict with windows own burner software(roxio).

skaria 17:30 22 May 2004

wow, what a great response
thanks for all your opinions
im still noy usre but your help has definitely guided me in the right direction
thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone