cd copy protection

signalong 15:53 05 Oct 2007

I work for a small charity which produces signing resources for people with communication difficulties. we would like to make some of our resourses available on cd. in order to protect the resource, most of our revenue is derived from selling manuals of these resourses, we need to protect the resource and make it readable only, that is not downloadable from the cd. Is there any way we can do this.

€dstowe 16:28 05 Oct 2007

The biggest manufacturers of CDs and DVDs aren't able to do this successfully. You or I have no chance.

SANTOS7 16:31 05 Oct 2007

You or I have no chance.

click here

course ya do....

€dstowe 16:38 05 Oct 2007

Not the same thing, I'm afraid.

Any optical disk is capable of being copied by some means - foul or fair.

SANTOS7 16:45 05 Oct 2007

So how can you fairly copy a READ ONLY dics then,
as soon as you attempt to copy the disc you are surely breaking rules, i can understand what your saying but in the circles that these discs are going to run in i am sure they would be safe.
Of course scanning the manuals would have the same effect so €dstowe a puzzler indeed...

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:40 05 Oct 2007

'So how can you fairly copy a READ ONLY disc then'...you record it from the soundcard...this is why there is no such thing as copy protection. You have to record it as it plays but it works.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:42 05 Oct 2007

...missed off....... and for manuals there are plenty of screen capture programmes available that can paste the text and format it.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017