CD Burning Software

spikey9 12:17 26 Dec 2003

I've just bought a new laptop, which has Drag 'n Drop software bundled with it, which I don't like. Previously I used and was happy with Roxios' Easy CD Creater 5 Platinum. This is apparently incompatible with XP Home. The updated version 6 has had horrendous reviews with many problems. Can anyone recommend any suitable software.

Thanks

AubreyS 12:26 26 Dec 2003

Hi SpikeyP.

I've been using Easy CD Creater 6 since it became available with no problems at all. I'm very happy with it. I know people who use Nero and they find that good too.

phoenix198 12:26 26 Dec 2003

You might like to try Nero Burning ROM, very highly rated and user friendly. The link here click here gives choice of version 5.5 or version 6.0 - the former is perfectly adequate for most people's needs although the version 6.0 suite has all the 'bells and whistles'.

spikey9 13:02 26 Dec 2003

Thanks for that AubreyS and phoenix198, does the new version of Easy cd or Nero have a facility the same as Direct cd on Easy cd 5 to use the cd as a floppy? i.e. drag and drop. I heard there was problems with it in version 6. The forum at Roxio shows a lot of unhappy customers. Not sure if Nero offers the same type of thing.
Thanks again

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:05 26 Dec 2003

I have version 6 nero and its the doggy dangly bits for me does and lets you do a lot more than version 5 did well i my opinion anyway,and you can do drag an drop dvd's anything really jsut a matter of patience on how to do it lol.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?