CD Burning problems

Ian R 21:24 08 May 2004

Hi,
I have had no luck burning any cd's or dvd's especially cdrw and dvd+rw's.
I have an NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A and have used TDK CD-RW700 read/write disc's and Phillips CDR80 700MB 48x write once disc's. I have also had no luck with the DVD writer. I have correctly used DVD+ discs and I was told that the as far as CD'S are concered, there is only one format ie there is no + or - as for DVD'S.
I have had many problems , but here are a couple...

I have used Roxio software and Nero6 but neither will work.

1.When I put a blank CD-RW700 disc in to burn, Nero cannot find it and insists I have not put the disc in. I have used several different discs and still it cannot detect them.

2.I formatted a CDR on another machine and when I put the disc in my drive and tried to copy a file to it,it came back with the error "Window's does not support this CD-R format please try another disc".
I have tried to flash the drive with the latest drivers but they have had no effect.

Can any one help? Many thanks.......Ian

alnwrd 22:06 08 May 2004

The problem may be that the old version of your copying software does not support/recognise the newer cd/dvd drive.
I suggest downloading the lateset upgrade which will contain bug fixes and new drives recognition.

spuds 22:09 08 May 2004

Free CD Burner click here [via Gandalf]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?