CD burning problem Windows.

muddypaws 13:16 13 Dec 2006

Win.XP. SP2.
Had this annoying problem for ages.
Drive E is an LG burning drive.
Drive F is CD/DVD playing drive.
I can burn any format of CD/DVD via Nero/ WMP/ MusicMatch.
I can copy CD/DVDs from E to F.
But whenever I try to use the default Windows CD burning programme ( copy these files to CD) it always tells me 'No CD in drive F. Insert an appropriate CD', no matter what CD format I put in.
Windows recognises the drive OK.
I wonder if there is a box unchecked somewhere that is causing the problem.
Thanks for any help.

Stuartli 13:26 13 Dec 2006

Have you Enabled the rewriter for CD burning from Windows Media Player>Tools.Devices>highlight the drive>Properties>Recording tab>

Also, is the LG configured as the Master and the second drive as the Slave as this would be the correct method?

You could also try Uninstalling both drives in Device Manager and allowing Windows to Find New Hardware and reinsall the basic CDROM drivers for both drives (all that is required).

It will/should configure the drives correctly if they are properly set as Master and Slave.

muddypaws 14:36 13 Dec 2006

Stuartli,
Thanks will work through your suggestions.

GroupFC 16:18 13 Dec 2006

You could also have a look at VoG™'s "click here" in his posting of 25/11 at 11:38 in this thread and see if that helps click here

muddypaws 16:19 15 Dec 2006

I think we may be confused here.
In my opening thread I said that the drive E is recogised by all the various programmes and I can burn from F to E with Nero. I can burn to E from WMP and MM.
It is when I try and burn a CD in E via Windows default programme by pasting into drive E. The files are all there for burning, but when I select burn/copy or whatever it says --it recognises the drive but tells me to insert a compatible CD format no matter what format CD I put in the drive. In E 'properties' the drive is recognised--telling me exactly what it is. Also the 'enable CD recording on this drive'box is enabled.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?