CD burning errors

hmanramsey 15:36 29 Dec 2006

I am having problems burning CD's onto disc. They play fine through the cd drive but jump when burned on to cd. Its a new pc with a NEC DVD RW ND4671A drive. It seems to default to a 8x write speed and ive read this may be too fast. I've burned a movie on to the same drive and it played fine.
I've already set the default on the pc write speed to 2X but Nero seems to override this.

postie24 16:38 29 Dec 2006

Are the ones your trying got copy protection on them?

hmanramsey 16:41 29 Dec 2006

Hi Postie 24
How can you tell if they have copy protection? They play perfectly well from the pc c drive.

postie24 16:57 29 Dec 2006

They will play ok if they have protection,its just when you try to copy them.Does nero say that the disc is copy protected?

postie24 17:07 29 Dec 2006

Sorry just noticed you burned it to your hard drive and it played fine.Most likely to be a media fault.Try different make disc,or depending what your using try cdr- instead or cdr+

hmanramsey 17:17 29 Dec 2006

I've tried a few different discs from various manufacturers with no joy. I'm beginning to think that theres a problem with the drive.I may contact the manufacturer as its still under warranty.
Thanks anyway

postie24 18:25 29 Dec 2006

Just a thought,have you uninstalled any burning software prior to the fault. Have you got any exclamation marks against the drive in device manager?

hmanramsey 15:09 30 Dec 2006

There aree no exclamation marks against the drive in the device manager. I'm going to buy another disc and ill make sure that its the cdr- type

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?