CD BURNING?

Bonzy 16:15 09 Dec 2003

I have a CDRW drive installed on my pc. I want to copy the entire hdd(C:) onto a cdrw media. How do I do it?
Secondly, the clock on my pc is always ahead of time by far. How do I keep the time correct always?
Thanks, folks.

ext3 16:20 09 Dec 2003

Double click on the clock in the taskbar and you can edit it there.

Your entire HDD won't fit on a cd-rw disk. Do you mean backup just your documents etc, or do you actually mean the entire disk, including all partitions, and all system files?

Salinger 16:24 09 Dec 2003

Might fit on a DVD if it is possible and you have a DVD Burner. I don't know if it is possible though.

Socalled 16:29 09 Dec 2003

I Would advise that you shy away from using re-writable CD media, you will find lots of back software (free) here

click here

ext3 16:46 09 Dec 2003

Socalled, can I ask why you advise to shy away from using cd-rw media?

Socalled 16:57 09 Dec 2003

Yes m8,re-writable cd's are reknown for loosing data after a period,better of using cd-r.

Socalled 17:12 09 Dec 2003
  Gaz 25 17:12 09 Dec 2003

Use click here Drive Image 7 and burn them to serveral discs if you want to back up your whole partition.

You may also use DVD-Rs for this.

Stuartli 17:16 09 Dec 2003

The problem with CD-RWs in comparison to CD-R media is that their disk surface's reflectivity level is very much lower and many CD/DVD-ROM drives' lasers have difficulties reading them.

In addition, maximum write speeds are very much lower than for CD-Rs, now in speeds of up to 52x; however, it is always wise to write to CD-Rs at at least one speed slower than your rewriter's maximum.

For example 24x if you have a maximum CD-R write speed of 32x or 16x if you have a 24x write maximum.

Bonzy 09:09 10 Dec 2003

Thanks to you all for your various responses.
Now to ext3 - yes, I want to backup all my documents and possibly my programs too. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone