CD Autorun/Autoplay Doesn't Work

Narayan Adhikari 21:02 28 Mar 2005

I have recently lost the windows default CD Autorun/Autoplay feature. All data, music and video CDs/DVDs used to start accordingly or used to asks for the action to be done. Now all the cds/dvds just opens in windows folder window. One friend suggested to use Microsoft's Autofix program, I tried but didn't work. Can anybody help.

Jackcoms 21:09 28 Mar 2005

Go to My Computer and right click on the appropriate drive (CD, DVD, etc).

Click Properties, AutoPlay.

Select the appropriate media and action to perform. Apply; OK

Narayan Adhikari 21:29 28 Mar 2005

Thanks Jackcoms,

I had already tried this before posting this problem, both by assigning particular application to particular cd/dvd types as well as restoring defaults for all cd/dvd types. But it still doesn't work!

Jackcoms 21:31 28 Mar 2005

Try System Restore

JonnyTub 21:31 28 Mar 2005
  Narayan Adhikari 22:24 28 Mar 2005

I tried to restore the system, but my restore points was stored only for two weeks, my problem started almost a month ago, that's why it doesn't work either. I think there is no solution for this particular problem now!!!

JonnyTub 23:14 28 Mar 2005

have you tried my link ?

Narayan Adhikari 07:53 29 Mar 2005

I have already tried autofix from Microsoft. But still didn't work.

grabster 09:00 29 Mar 2005

try this ... AutoPlay Repair Tool ...number 234 on the right click here save it and run it.

JayDay 09:22 29 Mar 2005

That's the MS AutoFix tool. Same as JonnyTub's link. I have same problem but only with autorun for blank CDR's. I have set it up to start Nero StartSmart but when I insert a blank disk nothing happens.

Storik 10:06 29 Mar 2005

I solved it by the following,

Went into my computer, found the DVD/DVRW drives and right clicked on them.

Clicked on properties, and then autoplay. Then I played with various choices until I got it to work. Not very helpful, but can't remember exactly what I did - except with the choice of music files. Never mind, this might help.

Storik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone