CD Auto Run Software Needed

Hobbit 09:54 27 Oct 2008

A few years ago I had some software that helped you create auto run CD's and I can't remember what it was. I need to produce some CD's with a few different files full of images. I want to be able to allow the user to put the CD in and it auto run giving them the option to choose which set of images to run with Slide Show.

Any ideas?

Stuartli 10:00 27 Oct 2008
  Hobbit 12:44 27 Oct 2008

Thanks for that. I have tried about five of those and I am still not getting anywhere.

I want to be able to write a menu that has options to open folders with images on and run the slide show. All done as soon as a CD is put in. Has anyone done this?

Stuartli 13:23 27 Oct 2008

Why not contact PCA's CD/DVD editor?

Pamy 15:24 27 Oct 2008

when I have burnt two or three pictures files to a CD using Ashampoo burner, it does this automatically. ie. when CD is inserted in player, I can pick which file to click on to play, and a slide show of that file plays.

Belatucadrus 15:33 27 Oct 2008
  Hobbit 16:11 27 Oct 2008

Pamy,
I think that is just part of Windows. It all depends on your settings for your CD player.

Belatucadrus,
I don't really understand the first link and the second one is just for splash screens.

I have written autoruns before in an HTML format for CD's with software on. You just get the links to point to an exe. I want to be able to select a folder and launch a slide show. I'm not sure it can be done.

Pamy 16:19 27 Oct 2008

Hobbit, it works this way when playing in my player under TV

BT 16:32 27 Oct 2008

QuickMenuBuilder as recommended by Belatucadrus is an excellent program for making CD menus. I've used it for years. The free version works well and you get a few more options if you pay for the full version. It just takes a little experimenting but can make some very impressive menu screens.

Hobbit 19:20 27 Oct 2008

Belatucadrus,
I take it back you may be right. Quick menu builder does seem pretty good. I can't launch the slide show but I can run the movies and explore the folders. I will keep playing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?