CCTV on to PC via Scart

Madrat 16:20 19 May 2006

Hi

I have a small Black and White CCTV system 2 cam's with sound that conect to Video recorda via a scart socket. Is ther a way to conect it to a pc and set a timer like you would on a video so it started recording once a day for about 8 hours?

What would I need, Should I use a separate PC or would I be detter off just getting a digital video recorder.

Any advice would be welcome.

nick_j007 16:33 19 May 2006

Probably depends on your video card and the sockets on the back of your PC.

You can get small Scart sockets that have red, white and yellow plugs on the back.

Connections and wires can be a faff, so let us know what you have and maybe others can chip in also.

Maybe Google on free timers that can control the software?

Nick

Stuartli 16:36 19 May 2006

>>You can get small Scart sockets that have red, white and yellow plugs on the back>>

These are not Scart sockets...:-)

You are probably thinking of RCA audio and video (yellow) plugs.

You can obtain RCA plugs attached to a proper Scart socket, but make sure that the Scart is both input and output (some are one way only).

Madrat 17:51 20 May 2006

Dont have anything on back of PC, cams conect to little box that controls switching time and provides power then scart lead from that goes to video recorder, As I said totaly in the dark about conecting it to PC.

Stuartli 18:26 20 May 2006

As nick_j007 has already pointed out, it depends on what input/output sockets are available (if at all) on your graphics card, although a TV PCI card (with S-Video sockets) might be a better bet.

An S-Video to Scart socket could then be used to connect the PC to your device and the TV card's software recording facility set to make the recordings as required.

Madrat 18:51 20 May 2006

The only sockets on the graphics card are normal moniter out and DVi out. ther is an S video socket but I think it's only out not it. Its an ATi higtech excalibur Radeon 9250.

SANTOS7 18:56 20 May 2006

click here
this may help,,,

Madrat 18:59 20 May 2006

I have looked at them but cant find any info about conecting exsisting cameras to them? Think I might be better off with a digital video recorder, asuming they have a scart socket on them.

Stuartli 19:05 20 May 2006

A TV card with an appropriate input socket and PVR software is the route to being able to make recordings.

This is the type I mean (same as mine):

click here

You use the Analog Video Capture from VCR ( S-Video / Composite Video ) side to record from outside sources.

Madrat 19:08 20 May 2006

Ahh that sounds better, thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?