cctv camera

  werzal 19:59 10 Oct 2006

ive just bought a cctv camera for my home.
i dont know the names of the connections but they are like the ones in the front of your telly.
where can i find a connection and software to put in my computer so it records when somthing happens

  De Marcus™ 20:17 10 Oct 2006

Do you mean phono plugs? Like click here

  De Marcus™ 20:18 10 Oct 2006

Or s-video like click here

  werzal 20:19 10 Oct 2006

yes, thats theones

  werzal 20:20 10 Oct 2006

sorry, the phono plugs

  De Marcus™ 20:27 10 Oct 2006

click here

click here

click here

Your going to have to do your homework. There is plenty of software out there that will detect motion and begin recording, but that's through a USB webcam. I imagine there will be a utility out there that will allow you to motion detect (and record) through phono plugs (more hardware required for that I'm afraid) but it won't be free or cheap.

  Technotiger 20:51 10 Oct 2006

Hi, for less than £17

click here


  De Marcus™ 21:06 10 Oct 2006

It's the hardware that will confuse things, camwizard (as i linked to previously) will do all that is required but will it work through hardware that allows phono connections?

Camwizard has a hardware capture selection choice but my main concern is will it detect a camera connected via phono? If it does, fab, if it don't, that's a shame as it looks like a good buy for the job in hand.

  Technotiger 21:10 10 Oct 2006

Phono to mini-jack leads are easily available, any decent video/graphics card will have line-in mini-jack socket.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?