CCNA jobs help

han.net 15:18 24 Oct 2009

HI there

I would like your kind help and advice if possible please regrding IT jobs in general and CCNA jobs in peticular.

I was one of Cisco Networking Academy students and just passed my CCNA exam from my first attempt scoring 902 /1000. I was a head of my class and managed to get scores over 90% all the time which entitled me for a 60 % discount voucher at the end .

I have the A+ certificate already in addition to some work experience in IT for about a year . Additionally , I am currently providing IT support for a charity as volunteer and thats on top of my paid job as assistant manager in retail .

I would like anybody's help or advice on what to do to get a job in IT as this is my target that I have been striving to achieve .

Many thanks

Hani

Tech Guy 13:15 25 Oct 2009

The only job you'll likely to get is some sort of desktop support or a helpdesk role.

see thread: click here

han.net 13:28 25 Oct 2009

Hi
Does that mean , I should not think of even getting a job in Networking related to my CCNA ?

Is it worth it to try to find work experience for the CCNA ? and where ?

Do you know anythink about those companies who provide IT training and get you a job at thre end ? are they real ?

I hope I am not overwhelming you with theses ?

Many thanks

Hani

Tech Guy 11:21 26 Oct 2009

You can try but being realistic you will not get an engineers job just with a CCNA - trust me I know.

Goto click here and ask the same question there. We are a very helpful bunch of guys/gals. This is the forum that helped me with my CCNA and still does with my CCVP.

You can get a helpdesk job and ask if you can shadow the engineers on your day off - this is what I did.

The companies that promise work, just promise work and not a local well paid job. They fulfill thier promise by offering low wages, for any IT job and usually not local either.

han.net 16:25 26 Oct 2009

Many thanks for your advice and for the forum link . I appreciate it very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?