CCNA after MCSE + Koenig Solutions

Lebo 11:56 23 Oct 2009

Currently I am in India doing my MCSE with company called Koenig Solutions. I passed 70-270 & 70-290 exams :-)
One of my class mate suggested me to do CCNA(after MCSE) for better job prospects. Do you think its a good combination for UK market?

Tech Guy 11:59 24 Oct 2009

I have both so yes, maybe?

But only if you have the experience to backup those certs. People expect to get these certs and magically get a fantastic job - just doesn't happen.

If you have no admin/networking experience you will not land one of those posts with just high level certs - YOU NEED EXPERIENCE. Get a position on a 2nd/3rd line xDSL help desk to build up experience, then ,move to LAN support then try to get a job with an ISP (this is the route I took & now have my dream job)

I found the MCSE bored me to tears & I have not really used it but just loved the technical CCNA. I am currently studying for the CCVP.

Good Luck on your studies!

Tech Guy 12:01 24 Oct 2009

P.S.

DO NOT brain dump - you will be found out within 5 minutes of any interview.

Igs77 11:12 24 Nov 2009

Yes, from my perception CCNA is a very good combination with MCSE. Cisco products are universally used for networking in sizeable enterprises. Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches will be more attractive to prospective employers...... Hope this is of help to you !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?