CClient Spyware

sak41 08:52 14 Mar 2006

Please can someone advise me. I am using windows Xp and have a broadband connection with blueyonder, i have PC Guard Anti virus running, but it is saying that i have cClient.exe, my broser keeps connecting to a website which is advertising security software, i am also getting advert pop ups even without going online.

how can i get rid of this.

thank you in advance for you help.

skidzy 08:56 14 Mar 2006

Run this,hopfully it will cure your problem.click here

If not post back

Diodorus Siculus 08:58 14 Mar 2006

click here
click here
cws click here
SpywareBlaster click here
SB

Download, install, update and run the above as a start.

skidzy 09:04 14 Mar 2006

Also Sak........Try running these

Spybot Search and Destroy
Adaware
Defender from Microsoft
Ccleaner click here
All availble here click here

Defender will stop most known spyware getting on your system.

But just remember,anything you download....you give permission to install.Not all programs are spyware free but these ive given you are totally free of Spyware/Malware and recommended by all on here.

Finally once you have done all those ive given you,i suggest you run this and reboot click here

rawprawn 09:35 14 Mar 2006
  sak41 09:26 16 Mar 2006

Hi sorry i took so long. I have tried all of these things but still have the problem. when i go onto the net my page i am looking at changes to other pages advertising spyware downloads, and other smaller pop ups just open up when i am not even on thye net. Any more advice please. I am at work at moment so wont be able to try anything out until this evening, but thanks for you help so far.

rawprawn 09:38 16 Mar 2006

OK, turn system restore off and reboot then take this online scan click here. don't forget to turn system restore back on. To turn system restore off, open it and click system restore settings, then tick the box top left to turn it off (you will lose all previous restore settings.)

sak41 08:41 19 Mar 2006

hi i have tried this but before i can even get half way through the scan it goes over to a different web page, its got a mind of its own, any more advice.

thanks again.

skidzy 10:07 19 Mar 2006

Run ewido when your not online.click here

sak41 09:06 20 Mar 2006

hi i have tried to do the scan without being connected to the net, it shows that i have something called; lookatme, the scanner deletes it, but as soon as i connect to the net it appears, and changes my web page to an advert for antivirus software downloads, or adds for holidays and cars. I do another scan and it finds the same spyware, do you think it would be better if i saved all my files, then reinstall everything from scratch using the recovery discs?

thanks again for your help so far....i am using my pc at work to enable me to post on this site, as my own machine has been taken over, and will not let me post anything.

cheers

terryf 09:13 20 Mar 2006

see click here, this may help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?