CCleaner - registry issues and fixes

tAtu*! 13:53 23 Nov 2007

Hi all

I have been using CCleaner for a while but never used the registry fix application before. I ran it today and it brought up a number of issues from my registry. When i went to select 'fix issue's' it asked me if i wanted to back up registry details? i am at a loss what to do? is it safe to just fix the issues or do i need to back the registry up?

I have just created a system restore point this moment? will that make a difference?

I am using win XP sp2 and have the most upto date CCleaner.

Thanks in Advance

to be on the safe side,when ccleaner asks if you want to back up first,just click yes.
it will create a back up in my documents that you can restore from if anything is wrong, but should be ok.

crazynurse 14:16 23 Nov 2007

Yes set up a restore point is fine but I'd let CCleaner back up your regisrty details. I personally found the back up not useful only because it does a real good job and fixes so well i never need to use the back up!

back up my friend!

Totally-braindead 14:20 23 Nov 2007

Agree with the others, make the backup just in case. I have never had to use it but its better to be safe than sorry and its a small file.

tAtu*! 14:30 23 Nov 2007

thanks to u all, done it and did not have to use the backup.

thanks!!

Totally-braindead 22:56 23 Nov 2007

I've never had to use the backup either as I stated but considering its such a small amount of space its sensible to do the backup.(Just in case)

Its an excellent program, it does exactly what it says on the tin doesn't cause problems and is free.

What more can you ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?