Ccleaner Question

n4165si 14:31 09 Sep 2008

When i clear out the old Data, under >Windows>
Advanced> is it safe to put a tick in the following squares and what will it do?

Main order Menu
Tray notification Cache
Windows size/location cache
User assist History
as a warning patch comes up and i am not sure what it means

Clapton is God 14:49 09 Sep 2008

Tray notification cache clears out the cache of the most recent system tray notifications or 'nag' messages.

Windows size/location clears out the cache of windows sizes. If you prefer your windows to be a certain size on opening, those sizes will not be remembered next time you open a certain window.

User assist history will clear out the cache of 'remembered' auto-fill options.

Technotiger 14:49 09 Sep 2008

I am afraid I cannot give you a positive answer, just some advice ...

If in doubt - Don't.

Unless you can call yourself an Advanced User, don't tinker with Advanced settings.

kalignorgna 14:50 09 Sep 2008

order Menu Cache = all recently used programs will vanish from the favorites in XP (click start to see recently used programs), also any re ordering to the folders in all programs will be lost as it sets it to default

Tray notification Cache = means after completion u will have to press ctrl + alt + delete and then when tast manager comes up click new and type in explorer.exe to get your desktop back

Windows size/location cache = reset the apparence of windows

User assist History = all recently used programs will vanish from the favorites in XP (click start to see recently used programs)

thats what it means to me anyway hope this helps

Technotiger 14:53 09 Sep 2008

You and I are both learning something today - Grreat!

Also, you are absolutely right of course, to Ask when you don't know.

provider 2 15:00 09 Sep 2008

Here`s list of what it is capable of doing. I wouldn`t touch the Advanced section either, though:

click here

n4165si 15:04 09 Sep 2008

Thanks everyone for all your assistance in answering this question. I will not touch anything i don't know about.
thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires