CCleaner Query

Tenacious Green 16:06 25 Sep 2005

I have been using CCleaner for some time now, but just noticed that when I ran it in my wifes profile(Non administrator - Don't trust her!)it found 44 registry issues, but wouldn't fix any of them. When I went into my profile they did not appear, but remain in hers. I don't understand why?

Anyone have a clue?

De Marcus™ 16:08 25 Sep 2005
  Tenacious Green 16:14 25 Sep 2005

Not sure if that will work for me, as that is in relation to general crap specifiaccly Temp Internet folders, my issue is in relation Reigistry issues. I will try changing her profile to administrator and then run CCleaner to see if that works.

Tenacious Green 16:58 25 Sep 2005

Tried switching the account to an administartors and strangely when I did the scan no issues were found, changed the account back and 44 issues found. Can't be anything to bad I suppose, strange though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:17 25 Sep 2005

I'm getting the 44 issues , select fix but still there when rescan.

However regscrub is not finding any problems.

Ignoring issues for now until next update comes out.

Tenacious Green 20:08 25 Sep 2005

I'll mark this as Resolved and put it down to a program issue for now. Out of Interest Fruit Bat, have you always used more than one Reg cleaner and do you think it is necessary?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:59 25 Sep 2005

Tried several mainly for comparison. CCleaner was adequate until last update. Regseeker is good and so is regscrub

kull34 21:25 25 Sep 2005

"CCleaner was adequate until last update."

Would you mind explaining that remark?

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?