Ccleaner problem

postie24 20:40 27 May 2007

Hi,ive been using Ccleaner for ages now,but since downloading a new version,its running very slow,and keeps deleting my passwords.
I have it set up as the previous versions,but its running very erratically.Any ideas?

sunny staines 20:43 27 May 2007

only delets cookie passwords otherwise ok this end.

postie24 20:46 27 May 2007

Really strange,cant work it out,it was ok before,thanks for quick reply sunny staines

Technotiger 20:46 27 May 2007

Hi, I use Ccleaner regularly too, but what do you mean exactly when you say 'I have set it up as previous versions'

I always use it exactly as it comes 'out-of-the-box' so to speak, I don't change any settings, just run it as is.

[email protected] 20:48 27 May 2007

postie24,
try uninstalling,reinstalling or you should be able to download previous version from file hippo,to see if you still get problem

postie24 20:48 27 May 2007

Hi Technotiger,sorry thats what i mean,i dont change nothing,just use it as it comes

postie24 20:51 27 May 2007

*THE RAVEN*
Tried uninstalling/reinstalling,still the same,strange how its just happening to me

Technotiger 21:02 27 May 2007

If you have Ad-Aware SE Personal and another Reg Cleaner, try running those first and then reinstal CCleaner.

postie24 21:06 27 May 2007

Just downloaded an old version and its still doing it,will try your suggestion Technotiger,thanks.

birdface 21:19 27 May 2007

Hi, You probably know this,before you run C Cleaner ,You have to go into options.Cookies. And keep all the good cookies and leave the rest in the delete box.Also I have never had any problems with C Cleaner its always worked Ok for me.Normally you would be told to delete the program and run C Cleaner.Have you got another registry cleaner that you can use once you uninstall, You could use this optimizer, click here .It also cleans out the registry and has a Defrag on it as well, It will only clean 10 items at a time, But you can run it as often as you like, Or you could use clean-Up.

postie24 21:30 27 May 2007

Hi technotiger,tried that still no good.
buteman,yes i keep all the good cookies,but its still deleting my passwords.
I use tuneup utilities which has a reg cleaner,very strange this problem i must admit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?