ccleaner

tullie 16:33 18 Oct 2013
Answered

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.I have used ccleaner for a long time,now during the cleaning process it gets to about 33%,and crashes.I am using it on the default settings,any idea folks?

Mark_Hayward 16:37 18 Oct 2013

One thing to try is to update your CC Cleaner version or even to uninstall CC Cleaner then re install the latest version and see if it still crashes.

tullie 16:51 18 Oct 2013

Thanks Mark,Ive done those things

john bunyan 17:27 18 Oct 2013

Try running it more often - I run it daily and it does not take too long.(default settings)You could try deleting browsing history first by using Tools /internet options / delete browsing history. Maybe Fruit Bat (CCleaner guru!!) will comment.

tullie 19:34 18 Oct 2013

Tried all suggestions and no joy so far

wee eddie 19:54 18 Oct 2013

Just a thought. Are you sure that CCleaner is the problem?

Have you been having any other problems with the PC?

rdave13 19:57 18 Oct 2013

Try running it in safe mode. If it completes then it's something else that's causing it to crash.

sunnystaines 20:16 18 Oct 2013

had similar in past, crashed when deleting software that had been downloaded via chrome.

solved it by goto waste bin delete software from there, reboot then run ccleaner. only ever happened twice and that was about a year ago, not sure if you prob is similar.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:45 18 Oct 2013

Are you using Firefox as your Browser?

33% is round about where CCleaner is looking at firefox's cache.

Try clearing Firefpx cache and run CCleaner to see if that was the problem.

tullie 20:59 18 Oct 2013

Tried in safe mode,same result. Tried your suggestion FB,cleared Firefox cache,still crashing at 33% cleaning.

tullie 20:59 18 Oct 2013

Tried in safe mode,same result. Tried your suggestion FB,cleared Firefox cache,still crashing at 33% cleaning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?