CClean

1st spring 20:22 09 Jan 2011

Could you tell me please what should I not have ticked in CCleane? When I click on analyze I CAN SEE GOOLE EAETH AND office 2007 which I do NOT WANT TO DELEAT

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:39 09 Jan 2011

Click on the Applications tab an untick the relevant box for any items you don't want cleaning

i.e untick office 2007 and google earth

wee eddie 21:39 09 Jan 2011

Clean with Delete.

CCleaner's first Section cleans things like your History from the various Programs mentioned under Applications, giving you a clean slate to work with. Of Course you will have to re-enter your Passwords as the Program related Cookies will have been removed, but that is not a great problem for a Computer and Program that 'temporarily' works faster and smoother.

Allow CCleaner to use it's "Default" settings unless you are a real expert.

1st spring 21:54 09 Jan 2011

Yes I am talking about cleaning up the PC but I don't want it to remove my programs I have taken the tick out of cookies as I do not want to reentre my passwords as I night have forgotten them, I don;t think so as I try to keep the same one but

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 09 Jan 2011

It won't remove your programs
(as long as you do not use the Drive Wiper option wrongly, its not set a default to wipe drives)

it just removes the temporary files that build up when you use those programs.

Cookies do not remember passwords, they remember your preferences when you visit a site (personally I delete cookies as the contain tracking software)

muddypaws 22:04 09 Jan 2011

If you are worried about cookies go to:
Options>cookies
You can drag individual ones from one side to the other. ie keep or delete them.

muddypaws 22:05 09 Jan 2011

Shoul be 'arrow' them across not drag

anniesboy68 16:59 10 Jan 2011

Regarding Drive Wiper within CCleaner, wiping free space only, what actually is it doing. Is it removing fragments etc etc?

rawprawn 17:11 10 Jan 2011

It simply wipes the "Free Space" on your hard drive to prevent anyone recovering information which you have deleted

1st spring 20:58 10 Jan 2011

Thank you I think maybe I should keep everything ticked that is ticked. But what is Wipe drive I cannot see it. Should I do something with this?

peter99co 21:19 10 Jan 2011

Leave it alone unless you need to run it. Many like yourself do not even know it exists.

It is in the tools option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?