Cat 5 cabling, can i get an electric shock ?

  lahorie 11:02 25 Jun 2009
Locked

Hi

I am doing some cabling in my house and was wondering if i could receive an electric shock when punching in the cables to the patch panel?

Much appreciated

Lahorie

  AndySD 13:26 25 Jun 2009

It has a peak differential voltage of 2.2 to 2.8 V into a 100-Ohm resistive load. So yes you can get a shock. How dangerous this would be is up to you to decide.

  lahorie 14:16 25 Jun 2009

Thanks Andy

I've done this before with no problem but heard from someone you get get a nasty shock !

Current will be prety low though so should be safe, plus punchdown is insulated !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?