Cassettes to CD

waggers 11:50 20 Jan 2004

Using Nero wave editor to try and record cassette tapes/Vinyl to hard drive.

Everything set up ok. Went thru wave editor step by step, everything ok, sound coming thru pc speakers, hit record key, sound still coming thru.

It's not recording the music that's playing!

I can't find an option to choose line in from devices. The music's still playing even when everything is shut down.

I am perplexed. Has anyone successfully captured using Nero Wave Editor?

AndySD 13:06 20 Jan 2004

Try capturing it with soundtrax then use wave editor.

waggers 13:30 20 Jan 2004

Sorry AndySD what's soundtrax? Did a quick search in this site but couldn't find anything.

Another software program?

Stuartli 13:54 20 Jan 2004

LP Ripper (also cassettes) was on the front cover disk of the January 2004 edition of PCW.

Sheila-214876 15:18 20 Jan 2004

I use LP Recorder to record tape and vinyl to my hard disk and LP Ripper to split them back to separate tracks. Both can be bought from click here

Sheila-214876 15:19 20 Jan 2004

I use LP Recorder to record tape and vinyl to my hard disk and LP Ripper to split them back to separate tracks. Both can be bought from click here

stlucia 15:27 20 Jan 2004

When I looked up Nero Wave Editor it said nothing about it doing the initial recording -- it just said it could edit things that you've already recorded. Maybe I'm mis-reading the Nero bumph.

I use the recorder that came with my sound card, then split it into tracks using LPRipper, then burn it using Roxio.

waggers 15:29 20 Jan 2004

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try the LP Recorder.

I just don't understand why Wave Editor can't do this.

Solution was as expected, another download.

waggers 15:33 20 Jan 2004

stlucia
Yes the guide specifically mentions how to capture 'Gramaphone records' and how to create audio files from an external source.

I agree it looks good for editing.

stlucia 16:03 20 Jan 2004

Going back to your first post, I'm not familiar with the software, but you say the music's still playing -- presumably you mean through your PC speakers, not your hi-fi -- so you must have the line-in capability enabled.

With the software I normally use, once the sound is coming into the PC there's then a separate function -- file/record on the menubar, I think -- which brings up a VU meter and a fader for recording it.

toxin 19:49 20 Jan 2004

Hi waggers!

Did you read the Nero Wave Editor Help file, section "Recording gramophone records"?

This should explain the procedure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone