Case for PC

Danny Barnard 18:32 17 May 2009

Hi I'm currently putting together a new PC from just the individual components. There are hundreds and hundreds of PC cases. Does anyone know any really good brands? I'm looking for something lightweight but fairly wide and obviously has bays for hard drives ect. Also if it looks really cool that would be good and I don't really think I need fans on the front. Also it has to hold a ATX size motherboard. Anyone got any suggestions, I recon as a max I'm willing to spend around £60-70 on it.

Danny Barnard 18:35 17 May 2009

Yeah I've also looked online and PC's where u can see through the side looks awsome so along those lines as well

Thx

OTT_Buzzard 19:02 17 May 2009
  DieSse 19:08 17 May 2009

Best to buy one without a Power Supply, and fit a good branded PSU, which you can choose separately - Or a case that already comes with a good make of PSU.

Don't skimp on the PSU, or the processor heatsink/fan, if you want a reliable, stable, cool running and quiet system.

Lots of quality stuff here. click here

Danny Barnard 19:17 17 May 2009

Yeah my plan was to just get the case a friend told me about this power supply bit pricey but it is apparently super silent 600w coolermaster silent pro modular

canarieslover 19:20 17 May 2009

Buy a nice plain beige case and then you will spend all your time using the computer and not waste time just looking at it? You can get much more done and in a shorter time. The time you have saved can be put to very good use in the nearest bar.

Danny Barnard 19:45 17 May 2009

Yeah I agree to a certain extent but I feel if I had a window on the side that would just be epic, I could see everything running while it's on! and neon lights to light up the inside too...

Danny Barnard 19:50 17 May 2009

Ok this looks amazing!

X-Clear Acrylic Computer Case

citadel 19:57 17 May 2009

coolermaster cm690 you can have a window if you want. it's best to have a fan at the front to create airflow through the case. cm690 runs cool and a large graphics card will fit ok.

Danny Barnard 22:45 17 May 2009

Hi something I've been noticing online is man chassis are saying they are SLI ready. I thought that was to do with the motherboard why does it affect the chassis?

Danny Barnard 22:45 17 May 2009

many*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?