Case cooling fan installation

shezzer 16:02 05 May 2003

i have purchased a fan but i,m not sure which way round it should be setup blowing into or out of the case ?.

rickf 16:11 05 May 2003

It depends. If you are fitting it at the back or side of the case, then its out. If at front of case,then its for drawing in air.

depends what fans you already have, if you have only the psu fan put it at the back pulling air out, if theres already a fan in that position put the new one at the front low down pulling air in, monitor things for a while to make sure things are working properly. just make sure air flows through the case.

Mysticnas 16:13 05 May 2003

depends on where you're putting it?

generally, cold is sucked in from the bottom front of the case, and and hot air is blown out at the top top rear...

mrdsgs 16:15 05 May 2003

it depend where you are going to put it!

The basic principle is that hot air rises so you try to suck air in at the bottom from the front of your case and suck it out from the back and the top.

Generally therefore fans at the front suck cool air in and fans at the back and top blow the hot air out.

With most fans the airflow direction is towards the side with the label on, therefore front fans should have the label side facing in and rear/top fans should have the label side facing the case side/top.

I hope this helps

mrdsgs

shezzer 16:20 05 May 2003

The fan is going on the back thanks for the help everyone who replied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?