carrera warranties

notafool 15:09 01 Aug 2006

has anyone else had difficulties claiming on the warranty given by carrera.........taken over by watford electronics? i paid for a 3 year on site warranty and am having a lot of difficulty claiming on the warranty as my pc has gone belly up.will not even boot. it is only 8 month old,have been in frequent contact with them ,but stll cannot get it fixed,would like to know of anything i can do to force them to repair it,as being without a pc is driving me nuts......am typing this on a mtes's pc and he will keep me informed of any contacts....thanks in anticipation

Jimmy14 15:12 01 Aug 2006

I think this is one for Consumerwatch.

anchor 16:58 01 Aug 2006

notafool: Your warranty from Carrera is now not worth the paper it was written on. As you may know Carrera went bust some time ago.

They were, in part, taken over by Watford Electronics, but this did not include honouring the warranties. They will consider honouring it IF you pay them a significant sum of money.

woodchip 17:02 01 Aug 2006

If you bought this by Credit card you may have some come back. Consumer Protection is your way if you are not having any joy. Even PCA may be able to do something why not drop FE a line at the top of this thread to ask is opinion

anchor 17:31 01 Aug 2006

As your PC is only 8 months old it must have been supplied by Watford Electronics. I see they took over Carrera in September 2005, thus should be covered by their warranty. From other forums I read that Watford are not among the best in honouring warranties.

click here

You may consider contacting your local Trading Standards dept, if all attempts in getting Watford to help you fail. As suggested, your CC issuer may also be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?