Card reader will not read new cards

tmr 18:39 12 Jun 2007

I have several digital cameras akll using XD cards and normally download using a DAZZLE card reader with no problems.
I recently bought several new XD cards but the card reader does not recognise them and the only way to download is via the camera USB connection.
All of my old cards still download OK and work in all of the cameras with no problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 12 Jun 2007

download what you want off them
and reformat IN THE CAMERA,
then snap a couple of pics and retry in reader.

eedcam 19:31 12 Jun 2007

Possibly different type (h or M) it will be the card reade cant read the new type have alook on google

tmr 21:45 12 Jun 2007

Fruit Bat - thanks for the tip but afraid it didn't work.

eedcam- you could be right but I have one H type which is OK and another not recognised but will probably have to accept that my reader needs replacing

Thanks for your responses.

Strawballs 22:19 12 Jun 2007

Are they very large cards I have a card reader built in to my laptop and it will read all of my older cards but I have bought a couple of 2gig cards recently for my wifes and daughters camera's (SD) and it will not read them only the one on my daughters photo printer will read them!!!

eedcam 22:33 12 Jun 2007

strawballs the size is the problem from waht I saw on google

laurie53 08:22 13 Jun 2007

Is your card reader Belkin? I have a Belkin reader and it always insists the card needs formatting, then if you tick yes it says formatting is not possible. Make and size of card don't seem to matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?