Card reader drivers

ian-206235 19:24 16 May 2006

I have fomatted my pc (packard bell )and reinstalled windows but now the inbuilt cards readers are now showing up as "plug in drives " on the safely remove hardware. I have checked PB webpage but cant see any drivers for this ? Any ideas . Thank you

Totally-braindead 19:28 16 May 2006

I'm not familiar with Packard Bell PCs but many branded ones come with a hidden partition on the hard drive with all the drivers etc. If that is the case then you have deleted them by formatting before you reinstalled windows.

You would perhaps be better posting back with the model of your PC and then someone might be able to help.

furnace 19:29 16 May 2006

One place I would recommend checking is the mothoboard utility drivers, as companies such as Packard Bell often bundle many things onto one CD. Whats the model of your computer?

ian-206235 19:33 16 May 2006

imedia 1801/b

Totally-braindead 19:46 16 May 2006

Found what it is but can't find the drivers for it click here I would think that the reason I can't find the software for it is because there is none and its just a case of setting up windows correctly.

I'm not sure how to do it but hopefully someone else will help.

furnace 19:48 16 May 2006

Ian, do the card readers function correctly apart from showing up as plug-in-drives?

Before, did they show up in 'safely remove hardware' at all?

Stuartli 20:00 16 May 2006

XP has its own drivers for memory card reader/writers - drivers are needed for other Windows versions.

ian-206235 20:29 16 May 2006

I used the reader before but they were always invisible i.e. not showing in the safely remove hardware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone