Card Reader

bluto1 20:56 22 Nov 2007

Hi, could some kind person please recommend a reasonable cars reader for me. I use xd cards in my Olympus camera and compact flash in my Kodak.
All help much appreciated. I'll be back a little later.

MAJ 21:09 22 Nov 2007
  bluto1 22:20 22 Nov 2007

Thank you MAJ, I'll have a look at that

bluto1 22:23 22 Nov 2007

I should have added that I'm not very clued up about these readers, I just want something I can insert a used card in and let it download to my PC

Strawballs 22:24 22 Nov 2007

Once connected it is a case of drag and drop.

Bagsey 22:28 22 Nov 2007

Have look at click here and get one of their multi card readers. They cover a lot of different memory cards including those you use.

Technotiger 22:42 22 Nov 2007

When you pop a card into a card reader, a small window will appear on screen asking you what you want to do, just like when you put a CD into a CD ROM. Each of the slots in the reader are treated just like another drive - if you have say five slots, in My Computer you would see five more Drive letters like E: F: G: H: J: etc and with a card in any of the slots you can access the card just as you would a normal Drive.

You would also have a small icon in your System tray at bottom-right of screen, hovering cursor over this icon will bring up a Safely Remove Hardware message, clicking on this and highlighting the particular slot in the Reader, allows you to safely remove your used card from the slot without causing any corruption to data on the card - of course it should only be removed after all reading/writing action has ceased.

bluto1 23:06 22 Nov 2007

strawballs, I'd already discovered that, so I hope I drop in the right places,

Bagsey, I'll have a look later.I'e had a lot of good stuff from them.

Technotiger, thanks mate, I needed a short tutorial like that.

Thanks everybody, as usual, excellent help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?