capturing dv footage to computer

HorseDong 18:01 18 Jan 2005

hi there

i am having difficulty in capturing digital video footage that i have filmed with my JVC dv camera. the content looks perfect on the lcd screen on the camera but when i capture it using premiere, the quality of the film is really bad. any ideas of how to improve the quality of the captured content??

many thanks

dave

chugby 19:20 18 Jan 2005

try this link click here;48

Are you capturing using Firewire?

What version of Premiere?

What settings?

john-232317 19:41 18 Jan 2005

Try it in a different program, if on XP try win movie maker and see if you get the same results. Or download trial version of Ulead movie factory or similar.

JACMAC 20:11 18 Jan 2005

USE FIREWIRE. CAPTURE IN ORIGINAL DV FORMAT AS ON CAMERA. (OR IN HQ DVD FORMAT)

IF THE DEFAULT SETTING IS TO CAPTURE IN A LOW QUALITY FORMAT SUCH AS VCD THEN YOU HAVE LOST QUALITY STRAIGHT AWAY.
ONCE SAVED TO YOU HD IN DV YOU CAN EDIT IT AND THEN OUTPUT IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS.
VCD OR SVCD ONTO CD DISKA OR DVD ONTO DVD DISKS.

BUT YOU MUST CAPTURE IN DV AS ON CAMERA OR HIGH QUALITY DVD SO THAT THE CAPTURED FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER IS TOP QUALITY TO START WITH.

JACMAC

HorseDong 20:19 18 Jan 2005

i am using firewire at the moment, but i will check the current settings in which to capture in thanks JACMAC. i am using premeire 6 as thats what they have in uni.

JonnyTub 20:20 18 Jan 2005

Also make sure you record in the .avi file format.

Make sure you capture using the setting for PAL DV AVI. This should be 25FPS and 48000Hz audio.

Edit using these settings aswell.

Do not judge the quality of the AVI you are seeing on your screen so much. The quzlity that is important is the end result when encoded to MPEG2 for DVD or output back to camera. Make sure these look good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?