capture still images from video

LEGGGGY 19:28 23 Dec 2008

any advise on how to capture still images from home video so they can be printed / saved to dvd..

Technotiger 19:45 23 Dec 2008

I have done this often. I have a normal VHS VCR attached to my PC via a Audio/Video Processor connected through my Graphics card, and on my PC I have WinTV from Hauppage. Having both of these makes capturing stills from VHS easy.

LEGGGGY 19:51 23 Dec 2008

sorry its already on my pc ie mpg file.. i wondered if there is an easy piece of freeware that plays video clips and allows you to capture stills so i can utilise them. !!!!

Technotiger 20:02 23 Dec 2008

Not free but with a 30day free trial ... click here

Also if you Google for 'Free program play video capture stills' I am sure you will get more options.

LEGGGGY 20:10 23 Dec 2008

hi Technotiger can u please send link again as it does not appear to work ,,ta

skidzy 20:12 23 Dec 2008

Yes you can by using VLC click here

I ran a thread on exactly this subject some time ago and though VLC was ok,the quality was pretty poor.
The deciding factor will be the quality of the video. click here

Technotiger 20:12 23 Dec 2008

click here

The original link works ok for me, but here is the same link in a different way ...

Technotiger 20:14 23 Dec 2008

Hi skidzy - have a look at the program in my link, I think you will agree it looks pretty good! Though I have not used it myself, as I have other ways of doing the same thing.

LEGGGGY 21:01 23 Dec 2008

hi skidzy,,ive read ur previous thread and found using wmm very easy to ceate what i require.

many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Best Free Video Tutorials for Drawing and Painting

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie