Capture an NTSCand Burn to DVD

PTB007 10:53 22 Mar 2004

I have an old VHS Box set (NTSC format) which I want to capture on my laptop and burn to DVD to preserve it for future viewing.

At present I use my video to feed into my camcorder and capture from my camcorder. This works fine for UK VHS and my own recordings made via my camcorder.

I can get the 5 tapes copied onto DVD for £25 each but wonder if anybody else can come up with another suggestion.

MichelleC 12:33 22 Mar 2004

If your camcord can't read ntsc you can't capture. If it can you'll have to re-render to PAL (takes about twice as long to render 1 format to another even if avi).

PTB007 12:49 22 Mar 2004

MichelleC,

My camcorder can playback NTSC cassettes but cannot receive an NTSC signal, is that what you mean by "can't read NTSC"?

MichelleC 13:25 22 Mar 2004

Yes. The only other way is to get a 'capture card' which can read ntsc and pal, but even if vcr can playback ntsc too I'm not sure if vcr can transfer ntsc signal to capture card.

pj123 14:15 22 Mar 2004

You could try this place click here but whether they will accept "copyright" material I don't know. They charge £10 each.

PTB007 17:02 22 Mar 2004

Thanks pj123, I'll give that a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?