caps lock and left shift key stoped working

Halmer 19:09 11 Dec 2008

i couldn't log in to my vista laptop tonight and realised that it was because the left shift key is not giving me capitals.

managed to log in using the right shift key but does anyone know what could be causing the problem please. it's a medion laptop.

Technotiger 19:33 11 Dec 2008

Coffee spill? or crumbs in the keyboard? or something similar?

Halmer 20:18 11 Dec 2008

had a quick look by taking the keys off as my lad uses it. it keeps typing letter a's randomly like this now as tho it is possessed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Technotiger 20:21 11 Dec 2008

Make sure there is no sticking or obstruction on or near the 'a' key and adjacent keys.

Halmer 20:38 11 Dec 2008

the keys off and it's clean underneaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Halmer 20:40 11 Dec 2008

diad aaaaait thean

Halmer 20:40 11 Dec 2008

diad aaaaait thean

Technotiger 20:44 11 Dec 2008

Try running Ccleaner click here in its default settings - might be a glitch in the registry.

Halmer 09:13 12 Dec 2008

but looks like the keyboard is faulty (typing this on the family PC) so will have to go back to Medion.

Technotiger 09:19 12 Dec 2008

OK - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017