Capital Letter Issue

willo500 11:26 26 Jan 2007

Hi

I am using a Dell Latitude d610 laptop with XP and office 2003. I have noticed that for some reason, every now and again, the machine won't stop printing in upper case. Its as if the Caps lock thing was on and I can't stop it. It will do this periodically and its drving me nuts. Can you help please?

Willoe

Meshuga 12:57 26 Jan 2007

Check to see if your caps lock button is sticking down. Some foreign matter may have fallen down it, ie- crumbs or spillage of food.

willo500 13:40 26 Jan 2007

I have checked the keyboard and it's fine. The fault is intermittend and I believe it to be some fault in the settings for word

Willo

Meshuga 16:13 26 Jan 2007

Cant help further then, sorry.

Kate B 16:17 26 Jan 2007

I can't think of any reason Word would default to caps. Are you sure you're not just hitting the caps lock key when you type?

VoG II 16:25 26 Jan 2007

Control Panel > Accessibility Options, tick Toggle keys. You should then hear a beep when Caps Lock is pressed.

willo500 23:49 29 Jan 2007

Thanks for all your advice but I'm afraid my problem still persists. I can resolve it by going to "Format" on the menu and then selecting "Font" and then I invariably find that the All Caps option is selected. If I deselect it then all is fine but for some reason it always defaults to All Caps when I open a new document and it's driving me a bit mad having to reset it all the time.

I suspect I must have altered a template somewhere and would welcome some help as to how to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Willo

willo500 23:50 29 Jan 2007

Oh yes and it is the same in Outlook when I try to send emails too.

try control panel, add/remove hardware click on offise then click here for suport information then try to repair office

willo500 15:12 30 Jan 2007

Is this definitely a fault with the software or is there some way I can simply adjust the default font?

Willo

Woolwell 15:18 30 Jan 2007

Sounds as if the normal template has become corrupted or chnaged:
click here

Do you use word to create your e-mails?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?