Can't wirelessly connect

ollyd1969 20:21 11 Sep 2006

Hi
I am trying to connect my desktop, which has wireless capability, and my tablet PC which also has wireless capability.

My problem is that I am unable to set up the network - I just have a red cross on the Wireless network connection icons in network connection folder on both machines.

When I click view available wireless connections it can't find anything from either machine.

Am I being dumb here?
Any advice would be highly appreciated =)

Olly

spikeychris 20:41 11 Sep 2006

Use my first link from click here

ollyd1969 21:57 11 Sep 2006

Thanks Spikey! That worked great.

The only thing I can't workout is that the host PC can see the client, but not vice versa - there is no my network places in start menu of the client.

Have tried switching off the windows firewall, and have disabled the virus etc on the host.

Is there something I can try?

Olly

ollyd1969 23:11 11 Sep 2006

Now I have My network places on the client (don't know how I managed that!) but when I click on view workgroup computers it only shows me the client, the host doesn't appear.

Close..... soooooo close lol

ollyd1969 23:31 11 Sep 2006

Ok - now I have the host's icon showing up in the client's my network places (again, I don't know what I did to change this), but when I double click on it it tells me it is not accessible.

I have looked at everything I can think of on the host.... any suggestions?

Olly =)

ollyd1969 13:34 12 Sep 2006

I can't seem to go further than this. Can see the host computer on the client's network places (but can't see the host's C drive or My Docs in the LAN screen on the client).

When I double click on the host computer icon it says access denied.

I have looked through the forum and there was a guy who had the same prob, but it looks like he gave up after much advice. Is this looking unsolvable?

=(***
Olly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone