can,t view links or pics

nobbie 16:12 05 Dec 2009

hi all, basically, can anyone tell me how to alter my comps settings in order for me to view links to pics etc..for example...on the click here website , after i've searched for a vehicle, the results come up without pics, then when i do click on a vehicle i get 'error on page' at the bottom, then the link doesn't work,
on my friends laptop, all works fine, pics,links etc, so i'm presuming something isn't set right in order for me to view links etc..
thanks

Sea Urchin 16:48 05 Dec 2009

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, try going to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab. Scroll down to Multimedia, and make sure there is a tick in the box beside Show Pictures - click Apply and OK.

Sea Urchin 16:50 05 Dec 2009

Some more detailed information

click here

nobbie 17:02 05 Dec 2009

show pictures is already ticked, but will explore your other info, as i'm thinking it might be an anti virus setting of some sort..

birdface 18:25 05 Dec 2009

Always check their Safety and Security before you buy or sell.

click here

Could it be you need to update your Flash and Java programs.If so delete the old versions first.
maybe run your security programs or try Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns it should tell you dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

nobbie 20:01 05 Dec 2009

turned off automatic website checking and now i can view pics/links etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?