Can't view certain web pages

Rhuddlan 15:27 30 Jan 2005

I have windows xp home with sp2 and ie 6 sp2, but I can't view certain web pages and I get a error message in the corner of the ie screen saying error on page and this includes the windows update site. Also, I get a security settings thing message at the top of the ie page saying something about activ x controls.
Anyone help?

^wave^ 15:41 30 Jan 2005

do u run any spy ware products if you do then then you may have imunised your system and so cant see certain site. check your browser settings

Rhuddlan 18:26 30 Jan 2005

I have ad aware, spybot and spywareblaster and all are up to date. What should I look for in my broswer settings.

Rhuddlan 00:13 31 Jan 2005

?

Rhuddlan 14:26 31 Jan 2005

bump

mattyc_92 14:28 31 Jan 2005

Have you got another "user account" on your system??? If not create one with Administrator privages and log into it and see if the websites will open in that account...

Rhuddlan 23:13 31 Jan 2005

Will do as suggested and post back, cheers

johnnyrocker 23:17 31 Jan 2005

ah but you never do.

johnny.

Rhuddlan 23:23 31 Jan 2005

Have done what Mattyc_92 suggested and web pages are fine on the other admin account, so it's just mine. Any ideas, apart from creating a new admin account.

P.S. What where u saying Johnnyrocker, if u want to post something in my thread, post a bloody solution or suggestion!, who do u think u r?

Rhuddlan 23:26 31 Jan 2005

If u take a look at my other threads, u will find that most have been resolved now thanks to the suggestions of our friends here and I have stated what the soultions where, I don't want to argue, but I'm sure it's not just me that sometimes accidential forgets to resolve the thread and let other members of the forum know how I solved the problem.

johnnyrocker 23:26 31 Jan 2005

i have over the last couple of weeks offered possible solutions to your many postings and find some not all either ticked with no suggestion of what cured the problem or just not ticked at all.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires