Can't Use WMP in FireFox

mattyc_92 10:21 24 Jul 2005

Hi, I have been using FireFox for a while now, but I can never use it to see "embedded" video/audio in websites. I have to use IE instead.

I have searched the Extensions and Plugins section of the FireFox site, but can't find what I need.

Can anyone point me to the currect location?

As usual, thanks in advance.

ashdav 11:01 24 Jul 2005

Do you have Java runtime (JRE) installed click here and Flashplayer click here

Stuartli 12:03 24 Jul 2005

Some websites also use RealPlayer - Firefox will prompt you to download the plugin if it is not already on your system.

mattyc_92 12:09 24 Jul 2005

I have both already installed.

Stuartli

Yes I know that, but thanks for the info...

Is it just part of FireFox? I can still use IE for streaming embedded audio/video, so it isn't a real problem, but is annoying.

Thanks for your responses.

Stuartli 12:15 24 Jul 2005
  Stuartli 12:27 24 Jul 2005

Use the about:plugins in the address bar to see what is Enabled as suggested in the link.

Belatucadrus 12:54 24 Jul 2005

I think that the embedded WMP uses activx, if I'm right then Firefox isn't going to play it without a suitable plug-in. As one of the pro security points on Firefox is that it isn't vulnerable to activx exploits. If I'm right, it may be a fix you don't want to implement.

Try posting this in web design, I'm sure one of the experts there will know the answer.

Stuartli 13:24 24 Jul 2005

See the link I provided...:-)

mattyc_92 14:06 24 Jul 2005

Thanks for the link. According to the test, it is working, but things like "Yahoo Launch" wont load (they can't find Windows Media Player)...

O well, I still have IE for that...

Thanks for all replies....Will Tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?