can't upload my photographs to ebay

big bella 16:01 09 Feb 2006

hi guys after a pc crash (by me) and reinstall (by someone else)i now don't seem to be able to upload my photographs to ebay. i get the error message, problem type FP error 001:picture 1
i browse to where my photo's are stored, my pictures, there's no surprise there, but ebay can't find them. i just keep getting that message in red.

any help as always is much appreciated.

mikey b

rmcqua 16:03 09 Feb 2006

Are your photos stored as .jpeg files?
How large are they?

skidzy 16:09 09 Feb 2006

Have a look here.
click here

skidzy 16:11 09 Feb 2006

You say you have reinstalled,have you all the required microsoft updates too ?..if not,maybe you should update and then try.

rods 17:01 09 Feb 2006

Big Bella,

You need to install the Ebay active X control.

When you go to upload the photo's there should be an option there to install it, with out it you cant upload without it, i had the same problem after a resintall.

Good Luck

big bella 00:16 10 Feb 2006

the photograph is an ACDSee 7 PE JPEG Image and its size is 6.93 KB. i have all microsoft updates installed and have read a few ebay trouble shooting tips but i don't see this Ebay active X control thing. and more help as to where or how i might install or activate this would be most welcome.

cheers

mikey b

big bella 00:17 10 Feb 2006

the photograph is an ACDSee 7 PE JPEG Image and its size is 6.93 KB. i have all microsoft updates installed and have read a few ebay trouble shooting tips but i don't see this Ebay active X control thing. any more help as to where or how i might install or activate this would be most welcome.

cheers

mikey b

rmcqua 08:29 10 Feb 2006

That's a really tiny size for a .jpeg image, barely thumbnail size. Are you shure?

big bella 09:00 10 Feb 2006

yes this is the size rmcqua. in properties this is what it says

size 8.30 KB (8,502 bytes)
size on disk 12.0 KB (12,288 bytes)
the picture is only the basic picture that ebay lets you upload for free.

when i got my pc back from the fella that fixed it he'd put on that adsee program. previously i'd used the philips suite that had come with the web cam. but that shouldn't make any difference should it? after all this is a new hard drive i'm using.

rmcqua 09:31 10 Feb 2006

Sorry big bella, I've run out of ideas. I'm really not sure what size the EBay max. size is. I usually upload a .jpeg of 800x600 pixels, which has a file size of a few 10s of kilobytes. Don't know what size it is after EBay has shrunk it.
Over to someone else who knows ACDSee 7 ...
Good luck.

Grantrh 09:52 10 Feb 2006

I don't know if you use zonealarm firewall - but it stops me uploading pics to ebay - so I just drop the firewall for a moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires