can`t uninstall

aboutit 12:56 18 Jan 2005

I`m trying to uninstall Ulead studio 8 trial. when I try to uninstall I get the message RU launcher will have to close when I click on the programme I get the message software wrap error. Can someopne please help me to uninstall this programme and get rid of the error message

square eyes 13:11 18 Jan 2005

Assuming you have tried uninstall via Add/remove programs, maybe you could try msconfig in run on the start menu and see if you can find reference to it in the startup items section.
If you see it, uncheck it and reboot

square eyes 13:13 18 Jan 2005

oh, before you do that, boot up in safe mode and try uninstall the regular way

aboutit 13:23 18 Jan 2005

have tried both suggestions but no good. It is not in the start up section and I can`t uninstall in safe mode

rawprawn 13:51 18 Jan 2005

Try reinstalling it first, then if it has it's own uninstall program use that. If not try Add or Remove Software again. Sometimes programs won't uninstall because they were not installed properly.

rawprawn 13:55 18 Jan 2005

I found this on their technical FAQ page

How do I remove VideoStudio 8 manually when the InstallShield file is corrupted? I can't remove it from the Control Panel: Add/Remove Programs.
It's possible that the VideoStudio 8 installation has been interrupted which caused the InstallShield to be corrupted. In this case, VideoStudio 8 can't be removed from the Control Panel: Add/Remove Programs successfully. Here is the process you may use to remove it manually and reinstall it.
Delete the "Ulead VideoStudio 8.0" folder in C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\.
Delete the "Ulead Systems" folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\.
Delete { 4F 1DA6BF-3614 -48A 1-9970-9E 90F 646789E} in C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information.
Go to Start: Run, and input the regedit command.
Delete the "8.0" folder in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio\8.0.
Reinstall VideoStudio 8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?