Can't type in the run box

Desperate-Dan 07:38 22 May 2008

Hi, I want to use system configuration utility so I can see whats on my startup menu, but I can't type a command in the run box, the cursor is still it doesn't blink, and the ok button is greyed out

jack 08:31 22 May 2008

and dfo something else foe a bit and come back.
or
Ctrl/Alt/Delete and stop other activity then try.

Clicking on start the left hand column reveal all items in the start group.Right click on each item will give you various options- including to remove if you do not want it running.

Desperate-Dan 08:52 22 May 2008

Jack when I say startup menu, I mean the startup menu in the system configuration utility, you can see what Items are starting up on your computer when you bootup, to many items can slow your bootup time, I got to it in the end, help and support-tools- system configuration utility, but I still can't run the command from the (run box)

jack 08:56 22 May 2008

So may ways in Windows

Desperate-Dan 17:27 22 May 2008

Yes I tried that, no matter what I did the cursor would not flash in the run box, this is not my computer its a friends, I got it to bootup faster, my friend has got the pc back home, I'd just like to know why it wouldn't flash in the box, I can't try anything more so I'll make it resolved, thats to all for your help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:38 22 May 2008

STart - programs -accessories - command prompt.

type sfc /scannow

press enter

be patient it takes awhile.

this will replace missing or corrupt windows files and may well get the RUN box working again.

Desperate-Dan 17:46 22 May 2008

Thanks for that, I'll try it when I get the chance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017