Can't Stream anything!

TicTacToc 17:52 16 Apr 2007

I can't stream from places like click here or the Channel 4 Simulcast click here

I have been trying everything for about 6-8 months.

I have Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 which I hate, I'm sure its the start of all my problems and Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3

Neither work, although stuff like the BBC Videos at click here only work in IE for some reason. (They crash Firefox).

When I try and open the link in WMP 11 I just get "WMP encountered a problem trying to play the file"
and in VLC Media Player and stuff, nothing really happens when I open the file.

However it works occasionaly, e.g. the streaming from click here worked fine for me when that was on.

Any thoughts on the matter? i've registered on click here and now can't get any videos to play :( I click Play and nothing is happening at all (in both browsers).

Thanks ... :'(

Diodorus Siculus 18:47 16 Apr 2007

Couple of things:

1 -check your codecs click here

2 - try real alternative - click here

Diodorus Siculus 18:48 16 Apr 2007

By the way, with RA you will be able to install a good media player which may well sort it out for you.

TicTacToc 19:51 16 Apr 2007

I've downloaded and installed the codecs - they may come in useful elsewhere but they haven't helped here.

I've downloaded and installed Real Alternative but it hasn't made a difference. I'm not sure if theres something I should be doing with it.

rdave13 20:03 16 Apr 2007

May be firewall settings?

TicTacToc 00:13 17 Apr 2007

Turning the firewall off doesn't help :(

TicTacToc 23:20 20 Apr 2007

I still haven't managed a solution although I have got closer:

click here - this looks like it could be helpful, but the "upgrade" button will not allow me to click it as it stays greyed out.

[email protected]" title="http://ct.drmnetworks.com/CheckOsWmp.aspx?email=[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here - the test fails (WMP won't play the file) and then the page won't change after minutes.

I guess a format is the only option to solve this problem..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017