Can't stop running

magnus35 19:06 11 Feb 2007

I've been having terrible problems with my new digital audio player - Philips HDD6320 .
Several system restores have been done and I seemed to be running ok then suddenly WMP said that it no longer recognised the device and that it must have malfunctioned . After another system restore I decided to remove and reinstall the software - Philips Device Manager - however , the system wont let me uninstall it as it says that the program is running and should be closed before it can be uninstalled . How do I do this ? I've tried restarting the PC several times but the program must start when the PC boots up as it keeps saying that it is running when I try again to remove it .

VoG II 19:23 11 Feb 2007

Have a look for it in msconfig and disable it from starting click here

magnus35 22:10 11 Feb 2007

Thanks very much for your response VoG .
I managed to disable it via msconfig as suggested though how it got into the start up list is a mystery to me .
I've had the PC for 8 months now and thought I had made some progress , however recent events have made me aware that my knowledge is still seriously limited .
I will be posting some more queries in the Helproom Forum .
magnus35

terryf 15:39 12 Feb 2007

When you do post, try to put a more explanatory heading to the thread, My first thought when I saw this one was to answer 'walk then' but joking apart, you will get more responses if for example, you had put something like 'digital audio player problems' for this one :-)

VoG II 15:54 12 Feb 2007

Actually if the title had been 'digital audio player problems' I wouldn't have stopped to read it.

At least the title wasn't 'Heeelp!!!'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?