Can't sign in, corrupted profile, can't sign in safe mode either.

WillElMagnifico 03:37 14 Feb 2014
Answered

I've already looked up how to fix the corrupted profile problem, but I can't get into windows even in safe mode because it still asks me for my password and we already know what happens then. This is for an uncle and he has no backups so a clean install is almost out of the question. What to do!

Secret-Squirrel 08:23 14 Feb 2014

".....the corrupted profile problem......"

What are the symptoms exactly? Which version of Windows is your uncle running?

WillElMagnifico 23:58 14 Feb 2014
Answer

I ended up finding a away to fix it myself. I rebooted into safe mode, but with the command prompt. This, somehow, allowed me to bypass the login screen and launch regedit.exe. From there, I just followed the instructions in that other PCadvisor article on how to fix a corrupted profile and presto, it worked. Thanks for the concern though.

Secret-Squirrel 09:37 15 Feb 2014

"..... the instructions in that other PCadvisor article......"

Is this perhaps the problem and fix you mentioned? If it is then other readers may like to know that there's a much easier, safer, and quicker method. It may not work for everyone but I've tackled that problem twice recently and it worked for me:

Simply tap F8 at startup, choose "Repair your computer", launch System Restore and choose a restore date prior to the problem. Whether you've got the "Repair your computer" option depends on your OS version so that's why I asked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?