Can't set up ADSL internet on other user

dalglish 12:14 07 May 2005

Hi, I can connect to the internet using my PC via a Netgear wireless ADSL connection. However, I am trying to set up my wife's connection as a separate user on XP Home so that we both need to log in as different users.
I cannot connect to the internet even using the setup wizard in her profile despite the wireless network being detected.
Where am I going wrong?

Is it possible to import my ISP details into her profile so that username/ password on the connection settings are identical?
Thanks
Steve

pcgal 12:32 07 May 2005

open NETWORK CONNECTIONS......right click lOCAL AREA CONNECTION.....TCP/IP properties ......and set default gateway to your computers ip address.

This is all assuming your computers are talking to each other

pcgal 12:36 07 May 2005

Thats on your wifes pc..............no need to install isp info on your wifes.........you're just setting it up to use your pc as host

dalglish 20:23 07 May 2005

Sorry Guys

I've confused you by my poor description ...
we're both using the same PC but using different user profiles on XP home.
The puzzle is I can connect to the internet but when she logs in, she cannot despite having a strong wireless signal.
Ive tried the IP address you suggested but to no avail - sorry = any help further?
Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?