can't send emails in windows live mail

Nonagon 16:04 18 Apr 2010

I recently purchased an acer aspire ax3000 I also bought a belkin easy transfer cable for w7. Win7 doesn't suport outloook.

I can receive emails in win live mail but not send them. Any ideas how to change settings to get over this problem

The message I receive is
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail1.eircom.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10053
Unable to send or receive messages for the Eircom (xxxxxxx) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.
Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Re-Authentication Failure
Server: 'webmail.eircom.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110

tho' I have not been off line or changed my password.

Sea Urchin 16:17 18 Apr 2010

Check your settings carefully against this checklist - it's for Windows Mail, but will be the same for Windows Live mail.

click here

Sea Urchin 17:00 18 Apr 2010

As you go through the above link note that Authentication should not be ticked. If after that the password is still causing problems you can reset your password from here:

click here

Nonagon 19:19 20 Apr 2010

Tried both of these I now have an email called [email protected]1 as distnctb from the one before that had no 1 tacked on the end. Getting these messages now:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail1.eircom.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Socket Error: 10053Unable to send or receive messages for the Eircom (abcdef) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Eircom (abcdef) (1) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Nonagon 20:00 20 Apr 2010

As it turns out needed to go baack to old settindgs

mai1.eircom.net
outgoing mail:mail.iol.ie
and al was well

Sea Urchin 21:02 20 Apr 2010

Glad that's sorted - thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?